- Connects you to other families to talk about healthy goals.
- Answers your questions about good nutrition for your family.
- Gives you personal attention from WIC breastfeeding experts, and extra benefits like breast pumps and special food packages.
- Helps you find other health-care services near you.
- Is fun for the whole family — including dads!
WIC is open to many incomes and families. If you are on Medicaid, TANF, or SNAP you may meet the income eligibility guidelines for WIC. If you don’t qualify for these programs, you may still qualify for WIC by meeting the income guidelines for your household.
WIC benefits are for:
- Pregnant women
- Breastfeeding women
- Women who had a baby within the last six months
- Children up to their 5th birthday
To locate your closest WIC clinic call 1(800)942-3678 or visit our clinic locator
Texas WIC Income Guidelines:
|Number of Household Members*||Gross Monthly Household Income**||Gross Yearly Household Income**|
|1||$0 up to $1,968||$0 up to $23,606|
|2||$0 up to $2,658||$0 up to $31,894|
|3||$0 up to $3,349||$0 up to $40,182|
|4||$0 up to $4,040||$0 up to $48,470|
|5||$0 up to $4,730||$0 up to $56,758|
|6||$0 up to $5,421||$0 up to $65,046|
*A pregnant woman’s household is increased by the number of infants she is expecting. For more than six household members, or if you have any income questions, call your local WIC clinic.
**This is an abbreviated chart. Income can also be determined on a weekly or biweekly basis.